SAP reveals new software for its HANA database that includes four “big data” style applications
Enterprise software player SAP has announced four new big data-capable applications for its HANA in-memory database.
The four applications are related to customer engagement intelligence, whilst the fifth application is to do with fraud management.
SAP said it is making the software available for productive and prototype deployments through its HANA Enterprise Cloud service and is providing free 30-day trials through the recently launched SAP HANA Marketplace.
The announcement was made at Strata Conference + Hadoop World in New York.
The applications, which use the real-time text analysis and predicative capabilities of HANA platform, are:
- Customer Value Intelligence: This analytics application gives sales and marketing managers real-time strategic customer insight into the true value of their customers, personalised recommendations for cross- and up-selling and closed loop execution.
- Audience Discovery and Targeting: This allows marketing managers to engage customers and help convert prospects by running advanced segmentations on large target populations and distilling insights into focused and personalised marketing campaigns.
- Social Contact Intelligence: This enables marketers to leverage real-time sentiment and contact insights from social media and various internal and external data sources to help fine-tune marketing campaigns and nurture leads and develop new opportunities.
- Account Intelligence: This mobile application offers mobile sales teams real-time customer insights and personalised selling recommendations that allow them to create target lists, increase the effectiveness of their sales visits and seize sales opportunities from anywhere.
- Fraud Management: This brings together multiple data sources in real time, scanning for indicators. The application provides powerful investigation, simulation and analytical capabilities, which help to minimise false positives and quickly adapt fraud detection strategies to new patterns.
How well do you know cloud computing? Take our quiz!
Originally published on eWeek.