NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), the data authority for hybrid cloud, today announced new combined solutions for VMware platforms that offer simplified, scalable, high-performance infrastructure for any cloud. Showcased at VMworld 2019 in San Francisco, the company debuted a new virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution, NetApp® HCI for VDI with VMware Horizon 7. The company also announced the availability of NetApp Kubernetes Service (NKS) and NetApp HCI Implementation Services for VMware Private Cloud, all designed to accelerate VMware workloads and make it easy for customers to run their applications where they want.
VMware administrators who create, deploy, maintain, and optimize a network and server infrastructure are increasingly challenged to meet the high expectations of the business for scalability, agility, affordability, and performance. Achieving the ideal infrastructure often comes at a high cost when IT is forced to make tradeoffs between simplicity, scalability, and performance. With these new solutions from NetApp, VMware admins can efficiently manage and monitor their environments, scale up or down as required, and secure and protect their data wherever it resides.
“In today’s data-driven world, faster, simpler access to applications and data is critical to business success,” said Brett Roscoe, vice president, Product Management, NetApp Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit. “As a result of our ongoing partnership with VMware, we offer breakthrough management solutions for virtual infrastructure, private cloud, public cloud, and desktop virtualization—in any cloud, in one experience—that offer superb simplicity for high-performance, complex environments.”
NetApp’s new solutions for VMware include:
- NetApp Kubernetes Service (NKS) on VMware. NKS now supports a fully managed Kubernetes service on VMware vSphere, no matter where the VMware infrastructure is being run. NKS eliminates and reduces the complexity of deploying and managing on-premises Kubernetes clusters and their application workload, delivering enterprise capabilities such as in-place upgrades, role-based access control (RBAC), application lifecycle management, multicloud and hybrid-cloud configurations, and Istio service mesh automation – all backed by NetApp’s Enterprise SLA.
NetApp HCI for VDI. The NetApp HCI portfolio now includes simple, GPU-enabled nodes to accelerate high-performance, 3D virtual desktop infrastructure environments. The new offerings dramatically improve performance for power users who use complicated, data-intensive applications like medical imaging, CAD/CAM, and other technical and scientific applications that require special attention to run effectively in virtualized desktop environments:
- The new NetApp HCI for VDI with VMware Horizon 7 solution supports all major third-party VDI solutions with VMware Horizon. Customers can easily install, expand, and upgrade capabilities while adding storage and compute independently.
- The new H615C compute node is the latest version of our expanding GPU portfolio for high-performance technical and scientific apps. It offers guaranteed performance levels and can be provisioned by discrete workload.
- NetApp HCI Implementation Service for VMware Private Cloud. Implement an integrated solution for accelerating the deployment of a private cloud platform to meet business needs today and easily scale for the future. NetApp’s new turnkey acquisition and implementation service delivers the expertise to build a scalable, preconfigured, and easily consumable private cloud – with the simplicity and convenience of NetApp HCI and the power of a VMware-based private cloud – that is application ready for critical workloads. By aligning the technical platform with required cloud business outcomes, NetApp can help accelerate the deployment of a VMware-based private cloud so that organizations can be confident that the new platform can scale easily and rapidly.
VMworld 2019 presentations with NetApp experts include:
VMware Private Cloud with NetApp [STP3901U]
When: Tuesday, August 27, 1:50-2:10 p.m. NetApp’s Andy Banta, storage janitor, SolidFire Product Management & Strategy, will discuss how to leverage modern, scalable infrastructure from NetApp to transform your data center. Learn how to turn your data center into a VMware-based private cloud with self-service offerings, operational transparency, and enterprise-ready data protection.
The Industry on Virtual Volumes: Tech Panel Q & A [HBI3008PU]
When: Thursday, August 29, 10:30-11:30 a.m. NetApp’s Andy Banta will join panelists from VMware, Dell Technologies, Pure Storage, and HPE to discuss how customers have successfully deployed VVols from proof of concept through production, deployment, and beyond. The session will cover why customers chose VVols, deployment strategies, and best practices for success.
- Visit NetApp in booth #327 at VMworld 2019 in San Francisco August 25-29, 2019.
- Learn more about today’s announcements on our blog.
- Read about the recently announced Memory Accelerated FlexPod.
- Visit Cloud Central.
- Follow us on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation, and optimize their operations. For more information, visit www.netapp.com. #DataDriven
NETAPP, the NETAPP logo, and the marks listed at http://www.netapp.com/TM are trademarks of NetApp, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.