Navégalo, a leading provider of Data Center and Telecommunication services, is thrilled to announce the opening of its new state of the art Data Center in San José, Costa Rica, scheduled for August 15th, 2023. With over 20 years of industry experience, Navégalo has established itself as a trusted and reliable partner for global businesses, offering exceptional services and solutions.
“This is a momentous occasion as we proudly unveil our new Data Center in San José. With our extensive expertise, dedication to sustainability, and commitment to operational excellence, Navégalo is well-positioned to provide global enterprises with reliable and eco-friendly Data Center solutions,” said Tyson Ennis, CEO of Navégalo.
This expansion solidifies Navégalo’s position as the largest privately held Data Center company in Costa Rica. The new facility boasts 300 cabinets, including an exclusive 40 cabinet suite, providing ample space to colocate infrastructure and benefit from Navégalo’s comprehensive suite of services.
One outstanding feature of the new Data Center is its impressive power capacity. Initially providing 5MW of power, the facility can scale up to 15MW to meet the growing demands of global hyperscalers. Costa Rica’s strategic location, skilled workforce, robust telecommunication infrastructure, proximity to the United States, and political stability make it an attractive choice for these tech giants, as well as global clients.
Designed with environmental stewardship in mind, Navégalo will achieve certifications such as Leed Gold, Carbon Neutral, ISO 14001, 14064, and 50001 by the end of the year. Navégalo has operated on 99% renewable energy for the past 7 years and plans to offset the remaining 1% through solar panels. ¨This dedication to renewable energy aligns with the global trend towards green-powered Data Centers, making Navégalo an appealing choice for organizations seeking environmentally responsible solutions,” said Denisse Salman, Navégalo´s Finance Director.
By October 2023, Navégalo will be ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 compliant. The facility already holds Rated 3 certification according to ANSI/TIA-942 standards, with Tier III Certification by Uptime Institute expected later this year.
Connectivity is at the core of Navégalo’s services, ensuring 100% redundancy and robust connectivity through its own capacity on three submarine cables—PAC, Arcos, and Maya. Cesar Sanabria, Navégalo´s Business Development Manager, expressed, “Clients will enjoy a highly connected environment, enabling them to thrive in the digital landscape, whether it’s accessing cloud services, collaborating with global partners, or delivering content to end-users.”
This development signifies a significant advancement for businesses in Central America, providing cutting-edge infrastructure and world-class services closer to home. It highlights Navégalo’s commitment to supporting the local economy, empowering businesses, and driving technological progress in the region.
The launch of Navégalo’s new Data Center on August 15th, 2023, marks an exciting chapter in the company’s journey and reinforces its dedication to delivering cutting-edge infrastructure and services. It also further strengthens Costa Rica’s position as a hub for technological innovation.
For more information please visit www.navegalo.com.