TechWeekEurope wants to give you £250 worth of electronic components
On a warm summer day, work in the office can be somewhat challenging. It’s like being stuck in hell with fluorescent lighting. How could you make your life a little bit better? Why, by building a robot sidekick, of course!
TechWeekEurope has joined forces with RS Components to give our readers the opportunity to create their very own original office contraption. Send us your idea, and if we like it, you will receive £250 worth of components to bring your design to life.
Due to unforeseen circumstances (and a lack of robot sidekicks in this office), we are extending the deadline for the competition: instead of 3rd June, it will now run until the 23rd. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The entries so far have included an autonomous to-do list printer, an electro-mechanical weather visualiser, and an office plant babysitter, complete with a detailed circuit diagram. But this author’s personal favourite has to be iPIckU – “a Raspberry Pi based device to help you pick a volunteer for the job that nobody wants”.
Do you think you can do better? Join the competition!
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- Write a post on your blog describing the gadget that you would like to build.
- Go to the RS Components website to make a shopping list of all of the things that you’ll need. It might include LED lights, sensors, motors, batteries, an Arduino microcontroller or maybe even a Raspberry Pi. Remember to get creative, as we will judge each project and award the winner £250 worth of components.
- Once you know what components you want, you will need to submit your entry via Twitter. To do this, simply tweet the link to @TechWeekEurope along with #OfficeGadget.
- So if you’ve got a great idea for an office gadget, and you want to tell us about it, be sure to get involved!
And here are the all-important Terms & Conditions:
- TechWeekEurope editorial team will be selecting the competition winner.
- RS Components reserves the right to use any submitted content in relation to the competition.
- Individuals are only allowed to submit one design plan.
- Competition closes at 00.00 on 23rd June 2013.
- No alternative prize is available and the prize is not transferable. There is no cash equivalent.
- The winner will be notified by TechWeekEurope no later than 25th June 2013.
- If the Promoter cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Promoter’s sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to the Promoter within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the Promotion and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
What are you waiting for? Unleash your inner tech overlord and design some tools of office domination!
Are you a patent expert? Take our quiz!