Technology is going places! Our quiz probes the ways IT is transforming planes, trains and automobiles.
The Sinclair C5 was a pioneering electric vehicle of the 1980s. How far could it go on a battery charge (according to Sinclair's claims)?
- 2 miles
- 10 miles
- 20 miles
Driverless cars are coming! TRUE or FALSE - Google's own electric driverless cars have no steering wheel
Which part of the Channel Tunnel was the first to get 3G coverage?
- The French side - travelling to the UK
- The British side - travelling from the UK
Clockwork radio inventor Trevor Baylis has a transport-related invention. What is it?
- A clockwork car
- Magnetic levitation train
- Battery-charging electric shoes
In April 1899, the Jamais Contente was the first vehicle to break the 100km/h record. What powered it?
Which of the following is not an all-electric car?
- Tesla Roadster
- Toyota Prius
- Nissan Leaf
Which operator has installed public Wi-Fi in the London Underground?
- Virgin Media
Artist Dominic Wilcox made this pair of high-tech shoes. What happens when you click your heels together?
- A new MP3 player track is selected
- A taxi is summoned by SMS
- LEDs point the direction to your home
In the 1980s, Steven Roberts travelled thousands of miles on an Internet-connected recumbent bike, typing stories on special ASCII keys in the handlebars. What do you think he called this vehicle?
The GPS system was created by the USA. What is the name of the Russian alternative?
Why are "backscatter" X ray scanners at airports controversial?
- They show passengers' naked bodies
- They can break Kindle readers
- They supposedly have health risks
Qualcomm has a charging system for electric cars. What is it called?
What do you think might be special about this boat?
- It's Google's first sea-going Street View vehicle
- It's controlled by a Raspberry Pi
- It was used for automated drug smuggling
TRUE or FALSE? The remains of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry were launched into space in 1997
Elon Musk, co-founder of electric car firm Tesla Motors, also founded an Internet legend. Which one?
Result: [SCORE-MESSAGE] out of [NB-OF-QUESTION-MESSAGE]
Is your knowledge train delayed by engineering works?
Thanks for taking the quiz!
You are really motoring!