Analyzing consumer ratings and reviews for two of the most popular music streaming services Spotify and Pandora, a new report from Strategy Analytics’ Consumer Sentiment Analytics (CSA) group investigating media services has found that while overall consumers were more satisfied with Spotify than Pandora, Spotify consumers were three times more likely to be frustrated by its customer service provision than those using Pandora.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190822005383/en/
Spotify Versus Pandora: % of Noted Customer Service Issues © Strategy Analytics
Key Report Findings:
- From the analysis of over 2,100 reviews on-line in the US, overall, consumers rated Spotify 4.07 out of five (stars) while Pandora was rated 3.54 out of five (stars).
- Issues related to the app or software drove most consumer dissatisfaction and was found to be far greater for Pandora consumers, than Spotify. Both services had received recent app updates.
- Pandora users are more likely to switch to Spotify. Pandora users mentioning Spotify in their reviews were found to be far more negative towards Pandora than Spotify users mentioning Pandora.
Adam Thorwart, Lead Analyst and report author commented, “The app experience is very important to music streamers. Simply put, if the app is not working as expected then the consumer will have a negative experience.”
Continued Thorwart, “In this analysis, CSA examined more than 500 2- and 1-star reviews across both services. Over half were related to a poor app experience, making this the primary cause for negative reviews. Digging deeper, this equated to a third of Spotify users noting such issues compared to nearly three quarters of Pandora users. The recent app updates have caused significant issues, but interestingly for very different reasons.”
Kevin Nolan, VP, UXIP added, “While changing the interface negatively impacted the UX for Spotify making it harder to navigate, Pandora is facing a much bigger problem, with consumers reporting that the app no longer worked properly. Consumers must be at the heart of all UX design decisions and negative consumer experiences will have a far greater impact on individual brands.”
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com.
About Consumer Sentiment Analysis (CSA)
Strategy Analytics’ Consumer Sentiment Analytics service tracks and analyzes customer ratings and feedback on the top selling smartphones. Monthly reports track buyer sentiment for currently active leading devices, while regular strategic analysis reports highlight trends and offer insight on issues such as improving customer satisfaction, NPS etc. For current active top selling smartphones, Consumer Sentiment Analytics reports on a monthly basis:
- Customer Feedback Ratings (current, evolution since product launch)
- Ratings by channel/carrier
- Sentiment rating from feedback posted in past 30 days vs. previous
- Comparison against leading competitors currently active in market
- Comparison against previous generation of product over lifecycle
- Analysis of sources of (dis)satisfaction (battery, price, etc.)
Consumer Sentiment Analytics delivers strategic analysis reports highlighting key insights and trends. Topics are driven by client input and requests. Click here for more information.