To reduce risk in the development process, Split Software, the leading feature delivery platform, today announced a two-way data integration with Google Analytics that can instantly detect performance issues caused by new features. This integration is unique to Split and includes the ability to ingest data from and export data to Google Analytics.
Pairing web performance data with feature flag data gives engineering teams a direct understanding of how key service level objectives – such as page load time – are impacted by each new feature they release.
Used by 86 percent of top websites to report on web analytics, including performance and business metrics, Google Analytics is the industry standard for web performance. Now, companies using Split won’t need to track data a second time. Instead, they can measure the impact of every feature shipped to customers using web performance data already collected in Google Analytics.
“The strength of Split’s platform is the power to measure performance and outcomes of feature flags. Through our integration with Google Analytics, we are helping businesses to respond faster to any issue that may impact the customer experience,” said Trevor Stuart, head of product and co-founder at Split. “By closing the feedback loop from the features built, development teams deliver quantifiable customer and business value.”
- Send web performance, conversion and business data from Google Analytics to Split to understand the impact of new features
- Use average revenue per cart to see if a new feature improves business outcomes
- Send a record of every feature flag in Split – called an impression – to Google Analytics for segmentation analysis
- Send feature data from Split to Google Analytics to segment session or goal completion data by exposure to a new feature
- Instantly kill any feature in Split that causes a degradation in performance indicators measured by Google Analytics
Split is the leading Feature Delivery Platform for engineering teams that want to confidently release features as fast as they can develop them. Split’s fine-grained management, real-time monitoring, and data-driven experimentation ensure that new features will improve customer experience without breaking or degrading performance. Split ingests performance data and runs real-time statistical analyses on every new feature so that engineering teams can respond immediately to bad releases, measure changes in user experience, and build high-quality software. Engineering teams at Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay trust Split to power their feature delivery. Get started for free at www.split.io/signup.