Snowflake (NYSE: SNOW), the Data Cloud company, hosted its third-annual Snowflake Summit conference June 8-10 and which saw over 60,000 virtual global registrants to explore the transformational power of data. Throughout the event, Snowflake customers, partners, technical experts, and executives came together to share product innovation, customer successes, and provide hands-on experience for unlocking value from data in the Data Cloud. Announcements and sessions from the event centered on empowering data scientists with features that deliver extensibility and choice, expanding what’s possible with data in Snowflake’s Data Cloud.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210622005505/en/
Snowflake Data Cloud visualization. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Snowflake CEO and Chairman, Frank Slootman, and author Geoffrey Moore kicked off the event with a fireside chat discussing the future of technology, trends in cloud computing and how numerous Fortune 500 customers are embracing the Data Cloud. A key theme from the discussion was the importance of having data without boundaries to achieve deeper understanding of data relationships, and how innovations like Snowpark, Snowflake’s new developer experience announced at the Summit, make bringing data and models from across sources together, seamless.
Snowflake’s Co-Founder and President of Product, Benoit Dageville, and SVP of Product Management, Christian Kleinerman, revealed during their keynote expanded capabilities and product innovations across five key pillars that will enable enterprises to achieve even more with Snowflake’s Data Cloud:
- Connected industries, including new ways to discover, sample, and transact with data providers directly within the Snowflake Data Marketplace.
- Global data governance: Capabilities like anonymized views and PII classification help users leverage the power of data while ensuring the protection of personal data.
- Platform optimizations: Improved storage economics, increased support for interactive experiences, and a new usage dashboard can provide better performance and efficiencies for customers.
- Data programmability: Features like Snowpark and the launch of Java UDFs, a Snowflake SQL REST API, unstructured data support, and the Snowpark Accelerated Partner Program, deliver more extensibility and choice for Data Scientists.
- Powered by Snowflake: A Snowflake Partner Network (SPN) program designed to help software companies and application developers like Adobe and Seismic build, operate, and grow their applications in the Data Cloud.
The Summit also recognized the next generation of Snowflake users–early-stage companies that are leveraging Snowflake to build and grow their businesses. The Snowflake Startup Challenge saw three finalists compete to win an investment of up to $250,000 from Snowflake Ventures. A panel comprising Snowflake executives and representatives from Sequoia Ventures and Sutter Hill Ventures, chose OverlayAnalytics as the ultimate winner.
Over 25 customer sessions, from organizations like Capital One, Adobe, Kraft Heinz, Western Union, NBCUniversal and more, shared best practices and strategies for data as a strategic business driver. Hands-on labs, industry-specific sessions and technical deep dives delivered actionable content for a wide range of data practitioners.
“Data is absolutely essential to business success today,” said Denise Persson, Snowflake CMO. “Once again, our annual Snowflake Summit brought together the best and most innovative data leaders in the industry together with a full suite of highly relevant and valuable content, to learn, share, and explore new ways to leverage data as a strategic business asset and drive their business forward in the Data Cloud.”
- Catch up on highlights of the event, keynotes, breakout sessions, industry content and more from Snowflake Summit 2021 and from Snowflake Partner Network Summit.
- Register for the Snowflake Marketing Analytics Forum on June 24 to learn how IT and marketing teams are leveraging the Data Cloud.
- Learn about the power of the Data Cloud for financial organizations at the Financial Services Data Summit September 16.
- Stay on top of the latest news and announcements from Snowflake on LinkedIn and Twitter.
This press release contains express and implied forwarding-looking statements, including statements regarding Snowflake’s business strategy, products, services, and technology offerings, including those that are under development, and the integration, interoperability, and availability of the Snowflake platform with and on third-party platforms. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including those described under the heading “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2021 that Snowflake has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In light of these risks, uncertainties, and assumptions, actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. As a result, you should not rely on any forwarding-looking statements as predictions of future events.
Snowflake enables every organization to mobilize their data with Snowflake’s Data Cloud. Customers use the Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Thousands of customers across many industries, including 187 of the 2020 Fortune 500 as of April 30, 2021, use Snowflake Data Cloud to power their businesses. Learn more at snowflake.com