Moogsoft, a pioneer and leading provider of artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps), today announced that it has successfully completed SOC 2 Type II audit and attestation ensuring data security, availability, and confidentiality. In doing so, Moogsoft has added to its already rigorous regimen of enterprise security controls, which include ongoing vulnerability/penetration testing and participation in bug bounty programs, among other tactics. The company achieved SOC 2 Type I back in October 2018. The final report provides Moogsoft’s enterprise IT customers with the assurance of corporate controls and processes relating to the security of its products and infrastructure, the availability of systems used to process data, and the confidentiality of information processed by the systems.
In addition to SOC 2 Type II compliance, the Moogsoft AIOps platform features a robust set of enterprise-class security controls required by Fortune 1000 organizations. These include:
- End-to-end encryption. All customer data is encrypted at all times in Moogsoft, in transit and at rest.
- User authentication. Moogsoft customers can enforce their corporate security policies using SAML 2.0 compliant Single Sign On.
- Role-based access control. RBAC is a flexible yet powerful mechanism to define user roles and associated permissions, thereby ensuring that every user sees only what he or she is entitled to access.
- Strict data segregation. Moogsoft strictly segregates both application and integration data from one customer organization to another.
- Full Isolation. Each Moogsoft SaaS-hosted customer gets its own unique, fully dedicated Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Cloud Provider Account Segregation: Moogsoft uses fully separate cloud provider accounts for production, non-production, internal-usage, etc.
- Physical security. Moogsoft benefits from the scale of operations and security compliance of Amazon Web Services data centers which are ISO 27001, PCI and AICPA certified. The platform runs in multiple availability zones and backs up data across regions.
- Security audits. Moogsoft continuously runs internal tests and audits, with any noteworthy issues addressed immediately. The company leverages infosecurity firm Include Security to perform complete vulnerability scans of the application on a regular basis.
The Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II is the widely recognized attestation standard issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) which measures a standardized set of security and data practice criteria, requirements and controls. Companies including publicly traded enterprises, financial firms and healthcare organizations have compliance requirements that require SOC 2 audits. Moogsoft has committed to an annual review of these practices to ensure continued SOC 2 compliance.
“Successfully attaining SOC 2 demonstrates Moogsoft’s relentless commitment to our Fortune 1000 customers, ensuring we have rock-solid stability and security across all of our offerings to keep customer data well protected,” says Phil Tee, Chief Executive Officer at Moogsoft.
Moogsoft is a pioneer and leading provider of AIOps solutions that help IT teams work faster and smarter. With patented AI analyzing billions of events daily across the world’s most complex IT environments, the Moogsoft AIOps platform helps the world’s top enterprises avoid outages, automate service assurance, and accelerate digital transformation initiatives. Founded in 2011, Moogsoft has more than 120 customers worldwide including SAP SuccessFactors, American Airlines, Fannie Mae, Yahoo!, and HCL Technologies. It has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and outsourcing organizations including AWS, Cisco, HCL Technologies, TCS and Wipro.
Moogsoft® and the Moogsoft logo are proprietary trademarks of Moogsoft Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.