Specialty-specific health information technology leader Modernizing Medicine® will showcase new and enhanced capabilities for price transparency, digital patient engagement and more to the company’s electronic health records (EHR) platform, EMA®, and Practice Management system at the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) 2019 Summer Meeting from July 26-27, in New York City.
Modernizing Medicine will also introduce modmed® BOOST, an all-in-one solution that combines the power of practice management technology with business services to address the operational and financial aspects of specialty practices.
Senior Vice President and General Manager of Business Services at Modernizing Medicine, Patrick DeAngelo, stated, “modmed BOOST offers both our easy-to-use Practice Management software paired with top-notch business services experience that helps practice staff have more time to focus on patient care. When combined with our EHR, it provides a fully integrated suite of solutions that addresses the clinical, operational and financial needs of our clients.”
These enhanced capabilities are available within the modmed® Dermatology suite, as well as in Modernizing Medicine’s other specialty-specific EHR and Practice Management solutions.
Some key enhancements to the EMA EHR system on display at Summer AAD include:
- Enhanced Price Transparency Tools: For patients paying privately, comparisons of drug pricing at local pharmacies will be available in the platform through GoodRx. Prescription cost options will display on one screen in EMA to help the provider better inform the patient on costs, potential savings and aid in prescribing affordable medications to increase prescription drug adherence.
- Streamlined Patient Intake: With the new updates to the custom clipboard in EMA, practices can customize the patient intake questions which results in a simplified workflow for both staff and patients. This information can also be customized on the patient check-in kiosk, modmed Kiosk.
- Patient Engagement App: Offered as a mobile companion app to patient portal, PocketPatient™ is a new mobile patient engagement tool that allows patients to review scheduled appointments, request prescription refills, submit E-Visits, and message their provider from the convenience of their smartphone.
Continuing to increase practice efficiency, new enhancements to Modernizing Medicine’s Practice Management solution on display at AAD include:
- Automated Appointment Recalls: All-in-one automated appointment recalls created by the front desk remind patients when a follow-up visit is needed. This is particularly important in dermatology practices, where follow up from pathology results and annual skin checks are often required.
- Real-Time Claim Status: New capabilities enable electronic claim status response from payers which saves time for office staff by allowing automated and real-time updates while waiting on claim approval or rejection versus making phone calls.
“True healthcare innovation is achievable when all stakeholders work together to holistically address industry needs — from providers and health tech companies to patients,” says Dr. Michael Sherling, chief medical and strategy officer, Modernizing Medicine. “Our robust product roadmap is the result of our continued collaboration with providers, practice management execs, and other industry stakeholders. We’re committed to creating technologies that increase efficiency and reduce physician burnout and strongly believe the new enhancements in our specialty-specific solutions will truly benefit providers in their daily practice operations.”
Visit the Modernizing Medicine team at booth #616 during Summer AAD in New York City. If you’re not attending but would like to learn more about the EMA for dermatology and its full suite of solutions, please visit www.modmed.com.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.