Amid COVID-19 and the resulting market fluctuations, Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, a leading full-service wealth management, financial services, and capital markets firm, has maintained and enhanced the client experience through the use of compliant digital communications tools from Hearsay Systems, the trusted leader in compliant, last-mile digital engagement for the financial services industry.
Janney’s advisor-centric digital marketing hub has enabled its Financial Advisors to rethink and reinvent how to engage with clients and prospects with the limitation of conventional in-person meetings resulting from COVID-19. In particular, Janney’s Financial Advisors have increasingly turned to Hearsay’s compliant digital solutions to communicate with clients, answer questions, provide advice, and keep them on track with their financial plans.
“Compliant texting is very complex, but Hearsay has made it both compliant and easy for our advisors,” said Chris Johnson, AVP of Advisor Marketing and Communication at Janney Montgomery Scott. “With so much market turmoil recently, Hearsay Relate has become invaluable. Advisors are able to build stronger relationships, and clients are able to quickly and easily communicate with advisors through their preferred contact method.”
Some highlights include:
- Using the Hearsay Relate texting solution. Text messages from Janney’s Financial Advisors have doubled since March and increased 50% across the Hearsay platform as markets grew increasingly volatile with the global spread of novel coronavirus. Through texting, Financial Advisors can engage with their clients in simple, personal, and immediate ways to support their customers in a proactive, human way.
- Shifting to virtual seminars. Financial Advisors have used digital tools to offer virtual seminars on timely topics and gain access to Janney experts. An important promotion tool is to use texting to remind attendees of the event and follow up after.
- Using their local websites. Financial Advisor websites are connected to Hearsay’s platform to allow for easy updating and customization to best communicate timely insights, news, and virtual event offerings.
- Online client portal. Janney redesigned its client portal to provide greater speed, convenience, and efficiency. The portal is integrated with Hearsay to offer Financial Advisors, or their delegates, another channel to ensure they reach clients with timely messaging during critical moments. Importantly, clients leveraging the portal can now manage their financial life anytime and anywhere.
- Delivering authenticity on social media platforms. Financial Advisors turned to social media to communicate on market movements, promote educational events, and share community involvement. Through the first half of 2020, Janney’s Financial Advisors have published more than 45,000 social media posts.
“We’ve seen our branches use their Hearsay Social and Hearsay Sites digital tools to create new marketing playbooks, as many of their traditional community engagement efforts aren’t possible in the current environment,” said Karen Shakoske, SVP of Marketing Communications for Janney. “In addition, branch offices are using their local websites, our online client portal, and social media platforms to communicate on market movements, share educational events, or, in one case, to offer executive access to Janney’s leaders to provide reassurance on the firm’s strong financial position.”
“Janney is an incredibly innovative and advisor-centric firm, and we are thrilled that the Hearsay Client Engagement Platform has become an integral part of their advisors’ daily communications,” said Michael Boese, CEO of Hearsay Systems. “Whether it’s proactively sharing insights on markets or making important connections with clients, Hearsay provides the tools for Janney to deliver authentic, compliant, next-level service. Janney makes these tools highly accessible to its advisors by providing an integrated digital hub where all of these communications are initiated. This is a best-in-class experience for advisors.”
To learn more about Janney Montgomery Scott’s wealth management, financial services, and investment banking services please visit www.janney.com.
To learn more about Hearsay, please visit www.hearsaysystems.com.
About Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
Janney provides advice to individual, corporate, and institutional clients. Our expertise includes guidance about asset management, corporate and public finance, equity and fixed income investing, equity research, institutional equity and fixed income sales and trading, investment strategy, financial planning, mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital raising, portfolio management, retirement and income planning, and wealth management. Janney is an independently-operated subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the New York Stock Exchange, and Securities Investor Protection Corporation. Additional company information is available at www.janney.com.
About Hearsay Systems
Hearsay Systems is reinventing the advisor-client experience in wealth management, property and casualty and life insurance. The Hearsay Client Engagement Platform allows advisors and agents to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. Only Hearsay delivers the human client experience at scale.
Over 170,000 advisors and agents at the world’s largest financial services firms leverage Hearsay to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver exceptional client service that builds stronger relationships and grows their business.
Built for the enterprise, Hearsay guides field reps to deliver a consistent and compliant experience to each and every client to ensure all advisors and agents perform like the best.
Hearsay is headquartered in Silicon Valley with locations throughout North America, Europe and Asia.