Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, today reported April 2020 trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at https://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
Energy ADV up 45% y/y; record energy OI of 46.6M lots reached on April 24, 2020; April OI up 24% y/y
- Oil ADV up 37% y/y; record OI of 15.7M lots reached on April 24, 2020; April OI up 22% y/y
- Brent ADV up 32% y/y; record OI of 6.2M lots reached on April 24, 2020; April OI up 26% y/y
- Gasoil ADV up 27% y/y
- Other crude & refined products ADV up 41% y/y; record OI of 7.2M lots reached on April 28, 2020; April OI up 31% y/y
- Heating oil ADV up 429% y/y; OI up 14% y/y
- North American natural gas ADV up 85% y/y; record futures OI of 16.2M lots reached on April 27, 2020; total April OI up 27% y/y
- European natural gas ADV up 15% y/y; OI up 48% y/y
- Emissions ADV up 15% y/y; OI up 9% y/y
- Sugar OI up 20% y/y
- Euribor ADV up 39% y/y
- MSCI ADV up 67% y/y
- FTSE ADV up 11% y/y
- NYSE cash equities ADV up 70% y/y
- NYSE equity options ADV up 13% y/y
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company formed in the year 2000 to modernize markets. ICE serves customers by operating the exchanges, clearing houses and information services they rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global financial and commodity markets. A leader in market data, ICE Data Services serves the information and connectivity needs across virtually all asset classes. As the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, the company is the premier venue for raising capital in the world, driving economic growth and transforming markets.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key information Documents (KIDS)”.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 — Statements in this press release regarding ICE’s business that are not historical facts are “forward-looking statements” that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019, as filed with the SEC on February 6, 2020.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange