InMoment®, the global leader in automotive Experience Improvement (XI)™, announced winners for the third annual eNVy Awards®. The awards recognize 2020 model year vehicles that have outperformed their competitors in delivering buyer expectations based on vehicle experiences, shopping and buying patterns, and feature preferences.
eNVy winners were identified using data from the InMoment New Vehicle Customer Study (NVCS®), the most trusted and widely used new vehicle buyer behavior study in the automotive industry. All winners were ranked on customer response ratings of their vehicles’ ability to deliver on the five most common reasons for purchase:
- Ownership Cost
2021 WINNERS, BASED ON 2020 MODEL YEAR AND DATA
Premium Market Vehicle Segment Winners
Sports Car: Chevrolet Corvette
Small Car: Lexus RC
Mid Car: BMW 5 Series
Small SUV: Porsche Macan
Mid SUV: BMW X5
Large SUV: Lincoln Navigator
Mass Market Vehicle Segment Winners
Sports Car: Dodge Challenger
Compact Car: Toyota Corolla
Small Car: Nissan Sentra
Mid Car: Hyundai Sonata
Large Car: Dodge Charger
Small SUV: Toyota RAV4
Small SUV Crossover: Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Mid SUV: Kia Telluride
Large SUV: Toyota Sequoia
Compact Van: Honda Odyssey
Small Pickup: Honda Ridgeline
Full-Size LIght-Duty Pickup: Nissan Titan
Full-Size Heavy-Duty Pickup: GMC Sierra 2500
Plug-in Hybrid/All-Electric Vehicle Segment
Tesla Model 3
- The redesigned Genesis G90 won overall. In fact, seven vehicle segments were led by newly introduced or redesigned models.
- This year, no single manufacturer dominated the awards. Toyota won three segments, and four manufacturers (BMW, Nissan, Dodge, and Honda) won two segments each.
- Tesla still dominates the expanding Plug-in Hybrid/All-Electric segment by winning the top four spots.
- The radically redesigned Chevrolet Corvette was a hit with consumers. Not only did it win the Premium Sports Car segment, it was also the second highest rated vehicle model overall.
- The new Kia Telluride also hit the mark with consumers. It entered the crowded Mid-SUV segment and won it by almost 15 points over its nearest competitor.
- The Nissan Titan, Honda Ridgeline, Tesla Model 3 and Genesis G90* all won their segments for three years in a row.
*Note: No Premium Luxury Large Car award was given in 2020 due to only a few vehicles achieving the criteria for inclusion in the rankings. However, the Genesis G90 was the highest rated vehicle overall.
“Vehicles win because they are meeting customer expectations on quality, safety, performance, and comfort. The latest features are incredibly important to consumers, and that’s why redesigned cars often win their category,” said Tim Englehart, VP Automotive, InMoment. “Beyond vehicle quality and comfort, OEMs and dealerships must also deliver improved buying experience for consumers, both through better digital shopping and easier purchasing options.”
The latest eNVy data is available immediately for customers within the InMoment XI Platform, and InMoment provides Experience Improvement solutions through technology and services that help automotive and mobility companies around the globe make smarter decisions that help exceed buyer expectations.
InMoment’s NVCS is the world’s longest running benchmark of vehicle satisfaction with over 50 years of data, and provides consumer feedback about vehicle experiences, shopping and buying patterns, and feature preferences to automotive manufacturers and OEMs.
For more information on the eNVy awards or NVCS, contact InMoment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improving experiences is why InMoment exists. Our mission is to help our clients improve experiences at the intersection of value—where customer, employee, and business needs come together. The heart of what we do is connect our clients with what matters most through a unique combination of data, technology, and human expertise. With our hyper-modern technology platform, decades of domain authority, and global teams of experts, we uniquely deliver a focus on Experience Improvement (XI) to help our clients own the moments that matter. Take a moment and learn more at inmoment.com.