The GSMA today announced that the Global Mobile Awards 2020 (GLOMO Awards) are now open for entries. The prestigious awards, which will enter their twenty-fifth year at GSMA MWC Barcelona 2020, celebrate the key innovations and achievements from both individuals and organisations across the mobile industry. Over 300 judges, comprised of analysts, journalists and academics, will assess 9 categories and 37 different awards that reflect the key achievements to have shaped the industry over the past 12 months. Entries for the 2020 awards may be submitted now, with the winners announced at a ceremony held at GSMA MWC Barcelona.
“The GLOMOS will celebrate a quarter-century of innovation at MWC Barcelona next year. It is incredible to think that in 1995 we welcomed the world’s first flip phone and today we are about to experience the first 5G-enabled, foldable smartphone,” said Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA. “This is a fast-moving, ever-changing industry where mobile connectivity is impacting and transforming virtually every aspect of our lives. These awards serve to celebrate the ingenuity, innovation and achievement of our industry and I look forward to seeing the very best represented in entries this year.”
The GLOMO Awards will include a revamped award ceremony held at the Keynote stage in Hall 4 to recognise and honour the individuals, the teams, the organisations and the partnerships which have made an impact on the industry.
New Award Categories for GLOMO Awards 2020
The GSMA has introduced a number of new award categories to reflect the ever-changing landscape within the mobile industry. New categories and awards for 2020 include:
- 25 Years of Connecting People Award
- Best Mobile Innovation for Building Trust in the Digital Age
- Best Mobile Innovation for Enhancing Children’s Lives
- Diversity in Tech Award
- Tech of the Future Award
- YoMo STEAM Activity for Young People Award
The GLOMO Awards will also honour industry excellence and innovation through the following categories:
- 4YFN Start-up – 4YFN (4 Years From Now) is the GSMA’s start-up business platform and this award is focused on accelerating business development and the investment of new technologies within the start-up community.
- Connected Consumer – This category recognises the companies who have redefined the business-to-consumer relationship from a transactional interaction to a personalised and protected conversation.
- Device – This category celebrates the key achievements and developments in devices and hardware in the mobile sector.
- Government Excellence – this award category recognisesthe governments who have fostered the true spirit of digitalisation in their national agenda pushed the boundaries of innovation.
- Industry X – In this category, we reward the pioneering organisations reshaping the world across market verticals where technology meets society.
- Mobile Tech – This category recognises the companies that are revolutionising the capabilities and reach of mobile and digital technology.
- Outstanding Achievement – This category looks to honour the individuals and organisations who have gone above and beyond to better our community and make change possible.
- Tech4Good – The GSMA is committed to connecting everyone and everything to a better future and this category celebrates the companies who are dedicated to innovating for the communities which are most in need.
- YoMo Award – YoMo: The Youth Mobile Festival is part of GSMA MWC Barcelona and aims to encourage thousands of young people to learn more about careers in the STEAM sectors in an increasingly mobile world. This award recognises impactful mobile innovation for school-age children and teachers within Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics.
How to Enter the GLOMO Awards
All companies across the entire mobile ecosystem are welcome to submit entries to the GLOMO Awards 2020. Select awards will be nominated by judges or by an independent panel of experts and will not be open for online entry. Information including the full list of categories, award criteria, deadlines and entry criteria can be found at www.globalmobileawards.com. Entries will close on 20th November 2019, with the shortlist of nominations for each category announced in January 2020. Follow #GLOMOawards for updates and developments.
Get Involved at MWC Barcelona 2020
For more information on MWC Barcelona, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mwcbarcelona.com. Follow developments and updates on MWC Barcelona on Twitter @GSMAEvents using #MWC20, on our LinkedIn MWC page https://www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/. Follow other GSMA news and activity on Twitter @GSMA.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators and nearly 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.