A new report, “State of HR: How the Pandemic is Reshaping HR in 2021”, from GoCo, a leader in modern HR technology, re-examines the impact of the pandemic on HR professionals.
GoCo connected with over 600 HR professionals in small businesses across the nation, as a follow-up to last year’s survey, which found HR teams were most concerned with new policy compliance at the height of the pandemic. A year later, new findings suggest remote work has had a net positive impact on many businesses, but challenges persist in remote HR functions.
“When we surveyed HR teams last spring, it was clear that People professionals were really just trying to keep their heads above water, in response to constant policy changes,” said Allie Collins, Director of Marketing at GoCo. “Now we’re seeing that HR isn’t just in reactionary mode — there’s been a paradigm shift where HR is taking an even-more strategic role inside of SMBs, and using it to reimagine and redefine what people’s lives are like at work.”
Report key findings include:
- 55% of SMBs have seen a positive impact on employee work/life balance
- Only 14% report a negative impact to productivity
- A majority report that employee engagement, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding are more challenging due to the pandemic
The comprehensive report, based on a survey conducted from March 12, 2021 to March 23, 2021, provides insight into:
- How SMBs are responding to the pandemic in 2021, compared to 2020
- What HR leaders are predicting for the future of work beyond the pandemic
- Measures SMBs are taking to prepare for hybrid and in-person work
- The pandemic’s impact on HR functions and roles
To download the full report, visit www.goco.io/state-of-hr
GoCo is modern HR, benefits, and payroll, built with flexibility and ease-of-use in mind. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Houston, TX, GoCo’s mission is to automate manual HR tasks and empower HR to make work a better place.
Unlike other HRIS platforms, GoCo is built to be flexible enough to support existing processes, policies, and providers, so that SMBs don’t have to change the way they work just to adopt a modern HR system. For more information, visit www.goco.io.