Enlitic, Inc., a San Francisco-based leading developer of artificial intelligence helping doctors diagnose patient conditions more quickly and more accurately, announced today that it has rounded out its leadership bench and opened a new East Coast engineering and business development office in New York City. The announcement comes on the heels of Enlitic closing its $15 million Series B financing round in February, as well as its recent signing of significant partnerships in Asia with Japanese conglomerates Marubeni and Konica Minolta –– two significant events that are accelerating the company’s growth as it continues to develop and perfect what it believes will be the best-in-class artificial intelligence platform supporting medical diagnostics.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190822005189/en/
Kevin Lyman, Enlitic’s CEO (Photo: Business Wire)
“Enlitic’s greatest asset is our team—we are incredibly fortunate to have built an environment where leading experts from so many different fields can guide development and commercialization together, holistically,” said Kevin Lyman, Enlitic’s Chief Executive Officer. “The new additions to our leadership team and our office expansion to New York mark our next phase of growth as we continue our work to significantly advance medical diagnostics.”
New company leaders hired since Enlitic’s Series B fundraise in February include the following personnel:
- Darren Scotti, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing Enlitic’s finance activities. Scotti has over 20 years of CFO experience across various industries including hi-tech and healthcare. In addition to his role as CFO of Enlitic, he is also a partner at Synchra Group, a Melbourne, Australia-based company focused on the delivery of simple and easy to implement solutions to the SME sector.
- Leo Gurvich, Senior Vice President, Business Development, is responsible for developing key strategic partnerships globally with healthcare providers, academic research institutions, and the pharmaceutical industry, working to further build upon the company’s massive information database and advance its global distribution network as it prepares for future commercial activity. Gurvich has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare and medical device industry, having held executive-level sales and operations roles at several global companies including Accuray and Philips, among others.
- Mark Freudenberg, Vice President, Research and Development (R&D), is leading the company’s team of engineers and data scientists as Enlitic continues to build best in class AI solutions to support radiologists and advance the overall practice of medical diagnostics. Freudenberg is a highly accomplished technology design and engineering leader. Prior to Enlitic, Freudenberg served as the Executive Director of Design Technology at Frog, with global responsibilities for mobile, IoT, and AR/VR/MR. Before Frog, he was Vice President of R&D at Aplix Corporation, a global leader in deploying Java technology in mobile phones and other consumer electronics devices.
- Jordan Francis, Creative Director, is leading all aspects of Enlitic’s visual design for the company’s core product, brand identity, and web applications –– including tech demos, data collection tools, product partner integrations, company website, and presentational assets. Prior to Enlitic, Francis worked at several leading design agencies, including Cramer-Krasselt, Razorfish, and Critical Mass, with his work touching global brands Apple, Microsoft, Porsche, and Shinola among others.
- Adam Odeh, PhD, RAC, Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, is responsible for ensuring that Enlitic’s products meet user needs and conform to the established requirements, standards, and regulations required to obtain regulatory approvals from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, European Union, Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration, and other regional regulatory bodies. Odeh has over 15 years of research and regulatory experience in the medical and biotech fields. Prior to Enlitic, he was Regulatory Affairs Manager at 23andMe, the world’s leading consumer genetics and research company.
- John Ordoña, Head of Global Communications, leads the company’s corporate and brand communications across all earned, shared, and owned platforms. Ordoña has extensive global communications experience at both start-ups and established global corporations across a broad range of industries, including fintech, cleantech, lifestyle apparel, and consumer packaged goods. Most recently, he was Senior Director of Communications at Unison, a home ownership investment company. Prior to that, he held senior-level communications roles at global solar company Sungevity, iconic clothing company, Levi Strauss & Co., and Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream.
Enlitic Inc. is a pioneer in medical deep learning, leveraging its proprietary algorithms to quickly and accurately improve healthcare diagnosis. With a platform developed by renowned data scientists, machine learning experts, and leading medical practitioners, Enlitic analyzes a vast stream of healthcare data sources, including millions of clinical cases, to improve diagnostic accuracy, speed, and patient outcomes, as well as to accelerate pharmaceutical research and drug trials. Named one of the world’s “50 Smartest Companies” by MIT Tech Review, Enlitic is based in San Francisco and serves customers around the world. Find out more at www.enlitic.com, and follow the company on Twitter, and Linkedin.