Data Specialties Inc. (DSI), today announced its thirtieth year in business as a leader in Data Center design/build services and preventative maintenance. Data Specialties was founded in 1991 by Ric Maxson and Phil Rafferty, where throughout thirty years they have overseen hundreds of Data Center builds for enterprise and colocation facilities, as well as numerous Modular and Edge Data Center deployments and facility retrofits.
“The Data Center industry has changed significantly over the past thirty years, and we have been here for every step of the evolution. It’s exciting to celebrate this significant milestone,” said Phil Rafferty, President and Co-founder of DSI. “DSI started with a vision to take a different approach with the way Data Centers are designed, built and operated. Thanks to the hard work of our dedicated team of Data Center experts, we are proud to celebrate 30 years of building and renovating Data Centers and enabling a diverse group of Data Center owners and operators to manage their facilities safely, effectively, and efficiently.”
Over the last three decades, DSI projects have allowed Data Center end users to expand their revenue generating operations, replace mechanical and cooling infrastructures, and prepare for future growth, all while ensuring the Data Centers remained operational during construction work.
These projects include:
- The Design/Build of a new Data Center for e-retailer Newegg Inc. that had outgrown its existing Data Center.
- The upgrade of an existing Data Center to meet current power and data needs and allow for future growth for emergency operations for the City of Chico, California Police Department.
- The major expansion of an existing Data Center for an international global technology services company supporting two major automotive manufacturers, Hyundai and Kia, using scalable, modular infrastructure and coordinating for improved power service.
For many years, DSI has partnered IBM Global Services, providing them with support for a range of Data Center projects. “For more than the last 20 years, we have had a valuable partnership with DSI,” said Dave McCoy, Principal, IBM Data Center Services. “DSI’s professional team has provided expert services for all of the Data Center projects that we have worked on together, and we look forward to continuing this partnership for many years to come.”
DSI has also been actively educating people in the Data Center ecosystem as they manage the day-to-day operations of their facilities and plan for the future, with content such as:
- Preparing your Data Center for a post-pandemic future.
- How to avoid pitfalls during a power outage, in Mission Critical Magazine.
- Protecting your Data Center during a power emergency.
- The ways liquid cooling can help your Data Center become more energy efficient.
- The true costs of overprovisioning your Data Center, in Facility Executive magazine.
About Data Specialties, Inc
Since 1991, Data Specialties Inc. has been a leader in Data Center design-build. The company manages all aspects of site selection, design, construction, commissioning and maintenance of mission-critical Data Centers throughout the United States. DSI’s clients have entrusted them to implement Data Centers that are critical to the daily operations of their businesses. DSI’s designs deliver the reliability demanded today, and the scalability and flexibility to accommodate any future moves, additions or changes. For more information, please visit http://www.webuilddatacenters.com.