Cohesity today announced that it has completed validation that its Cohesity DataPlatform and Cohesity DataProtect software have capabilities to support AWS Outposts and are available immediately. AWS Outposts delivers fully managed and configurable compute and storage racks built with Amazon Web Services (AWS)-designed hardware that allow customers to run compute and storage on-premises, while seamlessly connecting to AWS’s broad array of services in the cloud.
Cohesity has tested Outposts and will be able to deliver positive customer outcomes at scale through re-architecting complex workloads to run on AWS Outposts. The Cohesity platform is designed to reduce backup costs and simplify data management operations. In order to support hybrid environments with data residing on-premises and in the cloud, the platform provides the customer with the flexibility to develop a data management strategy that supports their unique needs. The benefits of the Cohesity platform running on AWS Outposts include:
- Simple management with exceptional search: A single UI across hybrid environments provides global visibility, search, and recovery for data across multiple AWS Regions and AWS Outposts.
- Comprehensive backup: Cohesity supports backup of AWS Outposts workloads with agent or snapshot-based approaches to optimize for app-consistency, speed, and storage footprint.
- Archiving flexibility: Back up Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and VMware instances running on Outposts to archive to cloud on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), as well as other workloads outside of Outposts.
- Reduced infrastructure costs: Back up your entire legacy on-premises environment and archive to Amazon S3 without the need for additional backup infrastructure.
- Reduced storage costs: Global deduplication, compression, and direct integration to all Amazon S3 storage classes, including Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive, further reduces storage and data transfer costs over hybrid cloud.
“Cohesity is excited to offer our disruptive data management solutions to AWS Outposts customers. Our design philosophy aligns well with AWS, empowering customers to back up, protect, store, and manage their data wherever they choose — on-premises or in the cloud — through one platform with a single UI,” said Terry Ramos, vice president of alliances, Cohesity. “Cohesity DataProtect and Cohesity DataPlatform offerings are tested and validated to support AWS Outposts and are available today.”
AWS customers that have workloads on-premises want to be able to run AWS compute and storage on-premises, and easily and seamlessly integrate these on-premises workloads with the rest of their applications in the cloud. AWS Outposts delivers racks of AWS compute and storage — the same hardware used in AWS public region datacenters — to bring AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models on-premises. As an AWS Outposts Partner, Cohesity is able to help AWS customers overcome challenges that exist due to managing and supporting infrastructures both on-premises and in cloud environments and deliver positive outcomes at scale.
Cohesity ushers in a new era in data management that solves a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. The vast majority of enterprise data — backups, archives, file shares, object stores, and data used for dev/test and analytics — sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that makes it hard to protect, expensive to manage, and difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, and the edge, and uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform — making it easier than ever to back up and extract insights from data. Cohesity is a 2019 CNBC Disruptor and was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. Visit our website and blog, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn and like us on Facebook.