BigLever Software, the long-standing leader in the Product Line Engineering (PLE) field, announced today that the company will provide insight into the latest PLE advances and emerging trends during the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Symposium, held virtually, July 17-22, 2021. Dr. Charles Krueger, CEO of BigLever, will give a presentation on the key practices for the successful adoption and execution of Feature-based PLE, based on the newly released ISO 26580 international PLE standard. In addition, BigLever will present a Showcase session on insights from Momentum 2021, a symposium hosted by the company on PLE in the digital age. BigLever’s PLE experts also will hold discussions with event participants in the virtual showcase.
“The new ISO standard is a culmination of decades of research-based best practices for Feature-based PLE, which has wholly transformed the approach to engineering complex product portfolios by enabling organizations to optimize their resources for productivity, efficiency and precision,” said Krueger. “As more and more organizations adopt PLE for the significant business value it delivers, they can turn to the ISO standard for guidance. It gives them a clear and authoritative set of industry guidelines that provide a clear path for adoption, enabling them to enjoy enormous benefits, while minimizing organizational risk.”
- Presentation: “Ushering in a New Era for Feature-based Product Line Engineering with the ISO/IEC 26580 International Standard”
- Presenter: Dr. Charles Krueger
- Date/Session: Wednesday, July 21, 10:45 a.m. EDT. Session 7.4.2
The virtual showcase will be open:
- Saturday, July 17, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Sunday, July 18, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Monday, July 19, 9:30 – 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m.– 12:30 p.m., 2:40 – 3:10 p.m. EDT
- Tuesday, July 20, 9:30 – 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., 2:40 – 3:10 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, July 21, 9:30 – 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m.– 12:30 p.m., 2:40 – 3:10 p.m. EDT
- Thursday, July 22, 10:00 – 10:30 a.m., 12:40 – 1:30 p.m., 3:00 – 3:30 p.m. EDT
Sponsor Showcase session:
- Sponsor Session: “Product Line Engineering in the New Digital Age: A View into Momentum 2021”
- Presenter: Angela Ausman, Sr. Director Marketing, BigLever
- Date/Time: Wednesday, July 21, 7:00 a.m. EDT
About INCOSE International Symposium
INCOSE’s annual International Symposium, which is the largest worldwide annual gathering of systems engineering professionals, includes presentations, case studies, workshops, tutorials and panel discussions. The event program attracts professionals from across the globe, including practitioners in government and industry, as well as educators and researchers. This is the first year it will be held virtually.
About BigLever Software
BigLever Software is the long-standing leader in Product Line Engineering. Its PLE solution delivers the leading-edge technology, proven methodology, business strategy and organizational change expertise needed to efficiently transition to and operate a game-changing PLE practice. The company’s state-of-the-art PLE tools and methods are widely used in complex engineering organizations across aeronautics, defense, automotive, and more. INCOSE and ISO now provide Feature-based PLE guidance and standards to help organizations with their transition and steady state operation, to gain the dramatic benefits and risk reduction. For more information, visit biglever.com or follow our blog.