Digital experience company Acquia today announced new solutions and services to help organizations adopt Drupal 9 right out of the gate. Acquia’s Drupal Deprecation Status tool, forthcoming Migration Accelerator tool, and expert migration services form a powerful foundation of Acquia’s toolkit to migrate to the latest version of Drupal. As the largest Drupal contributor, the company is equipped to help organizations transition to this powerful, modern, open source content management system.
The launch of Drupal 9 beta in March 2020 came at a critical time as organizations look to embrace digital transformation, and tap open source technology to do more with less. For customers looking to upgrade to Drupal 9, Acquia has developed a suite of unique capabilities designed to mitigate cost and make this upgrade easier to manage than ever before. These solutions and services make it simple to build, deliver, and optimize their Drupal applications on the only Open Digital Experience Platform.
“Drupal 8 ships with many great improvements compared to Drupal 7, and so will Drupal 9,” said Dries Buytaert, Acquia’s co-founder and CTO. “We wanted to make it easier for our customers to upgrade from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 so they can start to take advantage of all these improvements. Acquia is uniquely qualified to help organizations even further by evaluating and testing Drupal 9 — so they can keep sites updated, secure, and ready for the latest features as they emerge.”
Many of Acquia’s solutions and services are ready for customers to make the move and begin using Drupal 9 today, including:
- Acquia Cloud, the leading enterprise Drupal cloud hosting platform, which offers optimized workflows and best-in-class features to help companies quickly build and manage Drupal 9 applications.
- Acquia Remote IDEs (Integrated Development Environments), a cloud-hosted, browser-based development environment and source code editor for Drupal, which simplifies Drupal development and integration with Acquia Cloud applications.
- Acquia Cohesion, a low-code, drag and drop, Drupal add-on available for Acquia customers, which accelerates the time it takes to build new sites (including Drupal 9 sites), reducing build times by as much as 4x.
- New Customer Success programs run by some of the world’s preeminent Drupalists, custom-built to ensure a seamless transition to Drupal 9.
- A powerful dashboard with a progress overview of a site’s data migration.
- Capabilities including rollback, dependency identification, and incoming content preview to ensure simple, automated data migration.
- Insights that expose both entity validation and migration errors.
Acquia’s Drupal 9 Deprecation Status tool is available now to help companies plan the migration of their code from older versions of Drupal up to Drupal 9. While Drupal 9 provides a simple upgrade path from the latest version of Drupal 8, many organizations are still using Drupal 7 that expires in Q4 2021. Acquia will extend support for its Drupal 7 customers through at least Q4 2024.
“More and more organizations want to prepare to migrate to Drupal 9 to take advantage of the latest innovations and security updates. But, many don’t know where to start,” said Karl Kedrovsky, managing director, technology at VMLY&R. “Acquia’s Open Digital Experience platform and Drupal 9 expertise makes upgrading painless for any company, regardless of their current version of Drupal. Given Acquia’s extensive contributions to Drupal 9 and proven track record with enterprise deployments, they’re our trusted partner for Drupal 9 adoption.”
Acquia is providing early educational resources on Drupal 9 for companies looking to stay a step ahead of their website planning. For early access to the Acquia Migration Accelerator and for information on Acquia’s solutions and custom packaged services for Drupal 9 readiness, please visit https://www.acquia.com/drupal9.
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world’s most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community – giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. To learn more, visit acquia.com.