Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc. will host the thirty-fourth annual International Forum on Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA®) October 1-2, 2019, at the Omni Providence Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island. The Forum is the foremost worldwide conference on product simplification and early cost estimating. It is organized for development and manufacturing teams, procurement professionals, innovation managers, and entrepreneurs across a wide range of industries.
The 2019 Forum will focus on product development strategies related to the benefits of using the DFMA process for product simplification and early cost estimation. “DFMA analysis is designed to bring new and reengineered products to market efficiently and cost-effectively,” said John Gilligan, president of Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc. “This year’s Forum will share what industry has accomplished in the past year and, more importantly, support an open discussion on DFMA strategies for the future.”
Presenters this year represent a cross-section of the industry’s leading DFMA experts. Topics to be presented include:
- Conducting a Step-by-Step DFMA Analysis, by Bill Devenish of L3 Technologies. With global revenues in excess of $10 billion, L3 develops advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions for a variety of highly complex industries.
- DFMA: An Enabler of a Lean Enterprise, by Charlie Hackett of Hypertherm, a company that produces leading industrial plasma cutting and gouging solutions.
- Study Results for Overcoming Barriers to Implementing and Sustaining Product Development Tools, by Matt Miles of Dynisco, a provider of sensing and polymer test equipment.
- DFMA Case Studies in Supplier Costing for Low Volume Medical Devices, by Fred Johnson and Brian Rapoza of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and Boothroyd Dewhurst, respectively. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a leading provider of in vitro diagnostics for hospitals and other medical facilities around the world.
- Designing and Implementing an Innovative Workshop Oriented DFMA Process, by Rashmeet Sangari and Joe Budzinski of Johnson and Johnson. Founded in 1886, Johnson and Johnson researches, develops and manufactures a variety of consumer, medical and pharmaceutical products for the global healthcare industry.
Other distinguished presenters include: Aaron Ulmer of L3 Technologies; Nicholas Dewhurst and Chris Tai, both of Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc; Ryan John, of Kohler; Volker Frey, of Endress & Hauser; and Keith Brady of Renishaw.
For information on the 2019 International DFMA Forum on Design for Manufacture and Assembly, go to https://www.dfma.com/forum
About Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc.
Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc. was the first company to commercialize Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA®) methodologies and software tools that make it possible to evaluate, estimate, and reduce the manufacturing cost of a product in the design phase through product simplification and cost estimation. Hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies, including General Electric, John Deere, Microsoft, Pratt & Whitney, and Dynisco, use DFMA to cut the costs of their manufactured products and achieve design innovation in their markets. The company was founded in 1983 and received a National Medal of Technology Award in 1991. For more information about DFMA software, workshops, consulting services, and international conferences, contact Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc., 138 Main Street, Wakefield, RI 02879, USA. Tel. (401) 783-5840. Fax (401) 783-6872. Web site: www.dfma.com. E-mail: email@example.com.
DFMA is a registered trademark of Boothroyd Dewhurst, Inc.