Staff were evacuated from Google’s offices in Buckingham Palace Road after a barbecue set fire to the company’s roof terrace
Google’s London headquarters was evacuated today after a barbecue fire went wrong, setting light to a tree on the company’s roof terrace.
The incident, reported by the Daily Telegraph from its offices, also in Buckingham Palace Road, brought four fire engines, but caused no injuries. Trees and timber decking on the company’s patio are reported to have been damaged.
The news was first reported on Twitter by neighbours including the Telegraph.