Who makes sure that tech firms are on the level, and treat customers fairly? Our quiz tells all
Who determines whether broadband claims by BT and TalkTalk are on the level?
- The Office of Fair Trading
- The Advertising Standards Authority
Which of the following is the UK regulator Ofcom NOT responsible for?
- Radio spectrum
- Postal services
- The BBC licence fee
- Complaints about broadcasters
What did the European Commission fine Microsoft for?
- Using Word to wipe out WordPerfect
- Bundling Internet Explorer
- Ending support for Windows XP
In March 2014, the ICO fined a pregnancy charity for leaking 10,000 clients' names to a hacker. How much was the fine?
When was the British data protection body - now known as the ICO - formed?
Which site did Russia's Roskomnadzor watchdog threaten to ban over "legal high" adverts?
Which of the following countries did NOT impose a fine on Google when its Street View cars illegally gathered personal Wi-Fi data?
Which US watchdog said NSA spying is good for security?
- Federal Communications Commission
- Civil l.iberties Oversight Board
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
TRUE or FALSE? European data protection chief Peter Hustinx has called for protection against US and UK surveillance of citizens
When was Ofcom created?
Which US body had to approve Microsoft buying Nokia?
- The FTC
- The FCC
- The WWF
Which of the following has not been fined for abuse of a monopoly?
How much did Ofcom fine TalkTalk in 2011 for incorrect billing?
- £1 million
- £3 million
What is the name of the French privacy regulator similar to Ofcom?
It took nine months for Oracle to get approval for its purchase of Sun, announced in 2009. What was the delay?
- Concern over open source projects at Sun
- Fear of the SPARC processor's dominance
- Oracle would gain control of the Solar System
Result: [SCORE-MESSAGE] out of [NB-OF-QUESTION-MESSAGE]
Watch out for the watchdogs!
Thank you for taking our quiz!
You know who is on your side!