Social Networks such as Facebook and Twitter bring together millions of users across the world and have become essential web platforms, but how well do you know their potential and their secrets?
What was the original name of Viadeo?
What is Twitter's mascot?
- A whale
- A bird
- A cat
TRUE or FALSE? By default, your Facebook profile is completely viewable to others.
How are Google + contacts organised?
- Into lists
- Into circles
- Into groups
How many characters can be used in a tweet?
What is Facebook Places?
- Facebook's geolocalisation system
- The meeting place for huge parties announced on Facebook
- Facebook's trading platform
Users of Badoo are primarily looking for…
- Places to shop
- A date
Why was Twitter often criticised by its users in the beginning?
- It was occasionally impossible to access the service for undetermined lengths of time
- Registration required the submission of bank details although no charges were debited
- The service was not compatible with Gmail
What is shown on a timeline?
- One's address book
- Regular updates from contacts
- Blocked friends
Which of these artists owes their initial fame to MySpace?
- Lily Allen
- Justin Bieber
Which Chinese social network has the most users?
What is the slogan of the professional social network Viadeo?
- Your network is your strongest link!
- Your network is more powerful than you think!
- Your network in a click!
TRUE or FALSE? By default, browsing on Facebook is in secure mode (https)
What is a "poke" for on Facebook?
- To attract the attention of someone on your friend list or within your networks
- To inform a moderator of an inappropriate profile
- To identify someone that has stolen your identity
What is the "Photostrip" on Facebook?
- A banner made up of five photos
- A selection of photos chosen by your friends
- Photos that only adults can see
Result: [SCORE-MESSAGE] out of [NB-OF-QUESTION-MESSAGE]
Friendless! Social networks aren't really your cup of tea. Either you've been in hibernation since the early 2000s or you are totally allergic to a platform that seems too impersonal to you. One would be led to think that you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, and even if you do have one, it can't be updated very often. Come on, put in a little effort! The world is evolving, and even the café on the corner may be tweeting as we speak.
Neighbourhood Network! You are quite happy with your basic knowledge of social networks. You know a bit about Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, but you are not really aware of their wonderful potential. Take some time out to really get to grips with these networks. it will boost your popularity and your social life!
Can't get enough of them! Great score! It's obvious to you that there is a pre-web 2.0 and a post-web 2.0. With the arrival of social networks, you discovered a new way to surf the net and you have an account with all of the major networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Don't forget to log out from time to time - we can't spend all our time living virtually!