Nearly half of the UK population now owns a smartphone, but do you really know everything there is to know about them?
How many charge-coupled devices does the iPhone 4S have?
Give one of the main advantages of Super AMOLED screens
- It is anti-glare
- It is anti-finger print
- It is anti-slip
What does the Nokia Music application allow for?
- The display of song lyrics during playback
- The display of the artist's latest tweets during playback
- The creation of dynamic playlists based on your musical tastes
What is the Siri application on the iPhone?
- A voice-activated personal assistant
- An unlocking function that uses retinal recognition
- A web browser adapted for the visually impaired
True or false? A mobile website and a smartphone application can offer an identical service.
What is the purpose of Facetime on iPhones?
- To make you look older or younger in photos
- To send 3D photos
- To have face-to-face video conversations
What is a trackball used for?
- To move virtual objects on the screen, such as a cursor
- To stop the image on the smartphone from rotating
- Neither of these answers is correct
What happens if you double-click the home button on the iPhone 4S?
- The voice command function is launched
- You can open applications in the background
- The last dialled number is called
What is the third most used smartphone function?
- Surfing the Internet
- The MP3 player
What is so special about the Motorola Defy?
- It is water-resistant
- It can handle extremely high temperatures
- It's battery never runs out
Which of these is a correct ‘pinch to zoom’ function?
- Zoom in by moving your fingers apart
- Zoom in by bringing your fingers together
- Zoom out by moving your fingers apart
Which of these smartphones natively supports DivX?
- The iPhone 3GS
- The Samsung Galaxy S
- The Motorola Defy
What is the "Swype" application that is available on Android smartphones?
- It allows you to type SMS by sliding your finger across the letters
- It allows you to update your statuses on social networks from a single interface
- It allows you to manage your contacts
What makes an OLED screen different from other screens?
- It displays 3D
- It can be flexible
- It is unbreakable
Where can you use a quadband smartphone?
- It works in Europe and North America
- It works everywhere except in Asia
- It works everywhere in the world
Result: [SCORE-MESSAGE] out of [NB-OF-QUESTION-MESSAGE]
Too complicated for you! For you, a phone should be straightforward and simple to use, focussing on its primary function – to make calls. If you get one for your birthday or for Christmas, be sure to get someone to train you so you’ll be able to properly handle these little powerhouses of technology.
There’s some static on the line... You know most of the main functions offered by smartphones, but you’re also aware that you still have much to master. Search on the net and take a look at some videos that explain your device’s other features – there’s much more to discover and they will help you make the most of your phone.
Your best friend! Congratulations! You really know your way around smartphone applications that you could easily move from Apple to Android with no trouble at all. There’s no doubt about it, you and your smartphone are inseparable.